[Mesa-dev] Potentially EOL ilo gallium driver

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:09:15 UTC 2017

On 1 February 2017 at 14:21, Edward O'Callaghan
<funfunctor at folklore1984.net> wrote:
> On 02/02/2017 12:38 AM, Emil Velikov wrote:
>> On 1 February 2017 at 12:49, Edward O'Callaghan
>> <funfunctor at folklore1984.net> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Chia-I Wu thanks so much for getting back to me on this and I think your
>>> right that Vk is the future - indeed the history was a little bit of
>>> shame but I guess thats the nature of these things :/. I rebased the
>>> dropping patch here
>>>
>>> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~funfunctor/mesa/log/?h=eol-ilo
>>>
>>> Maybe I get your Rb or someone else`s here to go though with this?
>>>
>> Can you rip it out of the build system with 1/3 and git rm
>> src/gallium/drivers/ilo (+ winsys) for 2/3.
>> Might what to just keep the diff stat for 2/3 and resolve the off
>> quirk/workaround we have - grep for remaining ilo instances.
>
> Good plan, I did a slightly different order for bisect-ability and
> updated my repo for you to checkout. Please kindly let me know if I
> missed anything.

Ideally we'll get a note in the 17.1.0.html relnotes (separate or with 1/3).
There's a hunk in src/gallium/auxiliary/pipe-loader/pipe_loader_drm.c
which should be squashed with 2/3.

With the above sorted please send the lot (manually trimming 3/3 to
only have the diffstat) to the list for final/official ack from Chia-I
and others.

Thanks
Emil