[Mesa-dev] Samping GL_R32UI?

Roland Scheidegger sroland at vmware.com
Thu Feb 2 15:13:32 UTC 2017

Am 02.02.2017 um 16:00 schrieb Roland Scheidegger:
> Am 02.02.2017 um 09:11 schrieb Andrew A.:
>> Thank you for the help! It was indeed an incomplete texture issue.
>> Setting the MIN/MAG filters to GL_NEAREST ended up resolving it.
>>
>> I did have one other question -- why is this considered a silent
>> non-error condition?
> I did put quotation marks around that :-).
> Incomplete textures have been like that since day one in OpenGL (or
> rather, since GL got support for textures). Not considered an error, you
> just get all black, even though really everybody would consider that an
> error in practice...
> Maybe it's because this error is only detectable at draw command time,
> and there weren't really any errors which got detected (and returned as
> such) with draw commands then (just invalid parameters of draw itself).
> Albeit this is no longer the case now. But really I have no idea... And
> yes it is annoying and sometimes makes for interesting debugging
> (especially since some vendors don't actually implement it as literal as
> the spec says in cases the filters don't matter and don't even warn
> about it...).

I forgot to mention, mesa can warn about this -
MESA_DEBUG=incomplete_tex should do it with a debug build. Maybe though
this should always be logged through KHR_debug (especially since in
contrast to incomplete fbos, there's just no way to query it from GL),
I'm not familiar with that part...

Roland