[Mesa-dev] Time to merge threaded GL dispatch? (aka glthread)

Edward O'Callaghan funfunctor at folklore1984.net
Fri Feb 10 11:58:29 UTC 2017

On 02/10/2017 10:50 PM, Marek Olšák wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Edward O'Callaghan
> <funfunctor at folklore1984.net> wrote:
>>

>> On 02/10/2017 10:36 PM, Marek Olšák wrote:

>>> There is a small difference. The shader cache is expected to be
>>> enabled by default, so there is a certain level of quality required.
>>
>> Hey Marek,
>>
>> I am under the impression that it being enabled by default isn't a hard
>> requirement for it to be merged. Maybe Timothy can weigh in on it when
>> he is online?
>
> There is no official hard requirement. Everything is a judgement call
> based on circumstances.

Yes, OK, I agree; So why assert the above response then? Who is
expecting it to be enabled by default? To reiterate I believe Timothy
would like it merged first and foremost, then perhaps enable it by
default if that is OK with everyone. I didn't see anywhere he expected
it to be on by default. However we should wait for his response on that.

Regards,
Edward.