[Mesa-dev] Query with respect to support of x32

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:16:26 UTC 2017

Hi Sujith,

On 14 February 2017 at 13:12, Haridasan, Sujith
<Sujith_Haridasan at mentor.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using mesa 12.0.1 from yocto project
> (http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_12.0.1.bb?h=morty).
> While building core-image-sato ( which is the graphical image ), I found
> that Qt5 examples for opengl are failing for x32. The target machine used is
> intel-corei7-64. This is for minnowmax board. The image uses mesa and below
> is the console log of one of the Qt5 example ran on the target:

Keep in mind that the Mesa 12.0.x series is EOL. I would suggest using
13.0.x or 17.0.x although first testing git is the better thing to do.

If things still fail, fleshing out a simple test program (ideally one
that does not depend on QT/other frameworks) and opening a bug [1]
would be appreciated.
To track if it's driver related you can set LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1
prior to starting your app. This will use the SW rasteriser,
swrast_dri.so.

Cheers,
Emil

[1] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/