[Mesa-dev] gallium: Reduce trace_dump_box_bytes size by box->x.

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Tue Jul 4 14:40:49 UTC 2017

On 29/06/17 11:02, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On 29/06/17 01:54 AM, Cherniak, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Jun 26, 2017, at 2:10 PM, Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> In my opinion, dumping resources isn't very useful. I think it would
>>> be better to remove that completely.
>>
>>  From Michel's response, sounds like dumping resources is useful, so...
>
> FWIW, after my previous post it occurred to me that resource dumping
> might not be necessary after all; dumping transfers might be sufficient
> for a replayable trace.
>
> Adding José, I hope he can clarify.

Right, to preserve ability to replay, it should suffice to serialize the
write transfers.

Of course, this ignores the issue of persistent mappings.  To handle
persistent mappings the trace driver would need to, on every draw, walk
over every bound buffer and see if any was changed by keeping a shadow
memory, or some other trick mentioned on
https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/issues/232

Jose