[Mesa-dev] configure fails to find llvm since recent llvm commit.

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 16:15:42 UTC 2017

On 4 July 2017 at 16:47, Rafael Avila de Espindola
<rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:
> Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 4 July 2017 at 16:04, Rafael Avila de Espindola
>> <rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I am not sure I understand why having the hash in the version causes
>>> problems.
>>>
>> Because llvm-config --libnames/libfiles is unreliable ;-( Hence we use
>> llvm-config --version to get the DSO name.
>
> OK, looks like that is the real bug that needs to be fixed.
>
> Is there a bug report?

I get the feeling you've missed part of my earlier reply. Please do so ;-)

libnames/libfiles were broken (fixed with [1]) for the released
3.9.0/3.9.1 at least. This is not something one can retroactively fix,
me thinks.

Although in general skim through git log [2] for all the breakages and
feel free to reference which releases went out without the
corresponding fix :-P

Thanks
Emil

[1] https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/commit/5340b5b3d970069aebf3dde49d8964583742e01a