[Mesa-dev] Mesa 17.2.0 release plan

Lucas Stach l.stach at pengutronix.de
Wed Jul 12 14:25:13 UTC 2017

Hi Emil,

Am Freitag, den 07.07.2017, 19:07 +0100 schrieb Emil Velikov:
> Hi all,
>
> As you may have noticed, for a little while now we've had the release
> plan on the mesa3d.org website [1].
>
> Here is the current tentative schedule.
>
>  Jul 21 2017 - Feature freeze/Release candidate 1
>  Jul 28 2017 - Release candidate 2
>  Aug 04 2017 - Release candidate 3
>  Aug 11 2017 - Release candidate 4/final release
>
> This gives us approximately 2 weeks to get new features in.
>
> As always, please let me know of must have features that you'll like
> to merge before the branch point.

So here is my wishlist:

1. Daniel Stones series to use the zwp_linux_dmabuf protocol in the
EGL/wayland platform.
2. My series enabling resource allocation/import/export with modifiers
on etnaviv.

Both combined provide a working and performant Wayland implementation on
etnaviv, as well as allowing performance optimizations on the i.MX6
QuadPlus. This would be a nice milestone to hit for etnaviv.

Regards,
Lucas