[Mesa-dev] Status of Clover (AMDGPU)

Luke A. Guest laguest at archeia.com
Thu Jun 1 14:27:09 UTC 2017

> I'd suggest that you check out the recently-open-sourced OpenCL
> conformance test suite [0] or my slightly-more-linux-build-friendly
> fork [1] and give it a run on top of mesa/clover. It'll give you a
> good list of things to work on.
Thanks, I took a quick look. Yeah, shame they didn't put in a proper
build system or provide a doc stating what the tests are or a main app
that runs them all in a correct order and outputs a report.

> I ran the integer_ops sub-tests last night, and besides the missing CL
> 1.2 popcount() function, that entire sub-suite succeeds. Feel free to
> attempt to implement that built-in function in the libclc[2] library
> to get your feet wet.
>
> There are also issues with buffer copies (using host-pointers,
> copySubRect), and there are a subset of the floating-point math
> built-ins which are either missing or fail some test scenarios. Some
> atomic operations seem to be incorrect, and that's about as far as
> I've managed to get so far in looking at the results. I'm sure plenty
> of other things need work/polish. Note that many of these things are
> gpu-independent and can be implemented either in the clover
> state-tracker, or in the generic (non-GPU-specific) portion of libclc.
>
> I've been looking into implementing the
> clCreateCommandQueueWithProperties API function as well, since there
> seem to be a bunch of CL programs that just blindly assume the API
> function exists for all platforms when using the ocl-icd loader, and
> segfault as a result.
>
> One big missing piece is image support. It's an optional feature of
> OpenCL, but there are a good number of programs used by a certain
> benchmarking site that depend on it.

Phoronix?

Yeah, it's on the todo list to see if I can get anywhere with it. My
immediate aim is to get Blender cycles with opensubdiv working, so
that's gonna need a lot of work with images.

Thanks,
Luke.