[Mesa-dev] Mesa 17.1.2 release candidate

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Thu Jun 1 23:35:54 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Juan A. Suarez Romero <jasuarez at igalia.com>
wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> The candidate for the Mesa 17.1.2 is now available. Currently we have:
>  - 51 queued
>  - 3 nominated (outstanding)
>  - and 9 rejected patch(es)
>

> The current queue contains fixes in several places.
>
> The current queue consists of:
>
> Several fixes in the autotools' configure that improves handling of target
> platforms.
>
> Mesa receives a fix for a leaking in a surface.
>
> OMX has a couple of fixes when building in a X11-less setup.
>
> ANV driver receives several fixes, like adding some missing transitions
> between layouts, or improvements in setting memory types and heaps.
>
> There are a few fixes in i965, R100, R200, Radeonsi/GFX9, Radv and
> Freedreno drivers.
>
> Also, EGL/Android receives a fix for a segfault that replaces a previous
> one that was not correct.
>
> Vulkan's Wayland gets some fixes, including the use of proxy wrappers for
> swapchains, or per-display event queue usage.
>
> Likewise EGL's Wayland now use per-surface event queues, as well as other
> fixes like ensuring back buffer is obtained.
>
> Take a look at section "Mesa stable queue" for more information.
>

> Testing reports/general approval
> --------------------------------
>
> Any testing reports (or general approval of the state of the branch)
> will be greatly appreciated.
>
> The plan is to have 17.1.2 this Friday (3rd of June), around or
> shortly after 23:00 GMT.
>
> If you have any questions or suggestions - be that about the current
> patch queue or otherwise, please go ahead.
>

> Trivial merge conflicts
> -----------------------
>
> commit e064f7d826812598749ce27868d9ff865c137ef4
> Author: Jason Ekstrand <jason.ekstrand at intel.com>
>
>     anv: Set up memory types and heaps during physical device init
>
>     (cherry picked from commit c1f4343807d1040bd7b5440aa2f5fccf5f12842d)
>
> commit ce2b96dd8b5a6c4ea0c80c6c0f46652a0b591515
> Author: Bas Nieuwenhuizen <bas at basnieuwenhuizen.nl>
>
>     radv: Reserve space for descriptor and push constant user SGPR setting.
>
>     (cherry picked from commit 18efb404cfb38f722a16df7539390cf9a4a71929)
>

> Cheers,
> J.A.
>

> Mesa stable queue
> -----------------
>
> Nominated (3)
> =============
> Chad Versace(1):
>       i965/dri: Fix bad GL error in intel_create_winsys_renderbuffer()
>
> Jason Ekstrand(1):
>       i965: Rework Sandy Bridge HiZ and stencil layouts

This just landed in master.

> [...]
>       st/va: fix misplaced closing bracket
>       st/omx: remove unneeded X11 include
>       st/omx: fix building against X11-less setups
>       gallium/targets: link against XCB only as needed
>       configure: error out if building VA w/o supported platform
>       configure: error out if building OMX w/o supported platform
>       configure: error out if building VDPAU w/o supported platform
>       configure: error out if building XVMC w/o supported platform
>       travis: remove workarounds for the Vulkan target
>       anv: automake: list shared libraries after the static ones
>       radv: automake: list shared libraries after the static ones
>       egl/wayland: select the format based on the interface used
>
> Ian Romanick (3):
>       r100: Don't assume that the base mipmap of a texture exists
>       r100,r200: Don't assume glVisual is non-NULL during context creation
>       r100: Use _mesa_get_format_base_format in radeon_update_wrapper
>
> Jason Ekstrand (8):
>       anv: Handle color layout transitions from the UNINITIALIZED layout
>       anv: Handle transitioning depth from UNDEFINED to other layouts
>       anv/image: Get rid of the memset(aux, 0, sizeof(aux)) hack
>       anv: Predicate 48bit support on gen >= 8
>       anv: Set up memory types and heaps during physical device init
>       anv: Set image memory types based on the type count
>       i965/blorp: Do and end-of-pipe sync on both sides of fast-clear ops
>       i965: Round copy size to the nearest block in intel_miptree_copy
>
> Juan A. Suarez Romero (1):
>       Revert "android: fix segfault within swap_buffers"
>
> Marek Olšák (1):
>       radeonsi/gfx9: compile shaders with +xnack
>
> Nicolai Hähnle (1):
>       st/mesa: remove redundant stfb->iface checks
>
> Nicolas Boichat (1):
>       configure.ac: Also match -androideabi tuple
>
> Rob Clark (1):
>       freedreno: fix fence creation fail if no rendering
>
> Tapani Pälli (1):
>       egl/android: fix segfault within swap_buffers
>
> Timothy Arceri (1):
>       st/mesa: don't mark the program as in cache_fallback when there is
> cache miss
>

> Rejected (9)
> ============
> Dave Airlie(1):
>        radv: fix regression in descriptor set freeing.
>
> This commit addressed an earlier commit 126d5ad which did not land in
> branch.
>
> Jason Ekstrand(7):
>        anv: Determine the type of mapping based on type metadata
>        anv: Stop setting BO flags in bo_init_new
>        anv: Make supports_48bit_addresses a heap property
>        anv: Advertise both 32-bit and 48-bit heaps when we have enough
> memory
>        anv: Require vertex buffers to come from a 32-bit heap
>        anv: Add valid_bufer_usage to the memory type metadata
>        anv: Refactor memory type setup
>
> All these patches have dependencies among them, and also about commits
> which did not
> land in branch, like c3c61d210f or 35e626bd0e.

c3c61d210f should be back-ported to stable as well.  I'm aware of the
dependency on 35e626bd0e but it should be fairly easy to rebase on top of
it by just dropping all of the EXEC_ASYNC bits from "anv: Stop setting BO
flags in bo_init_new".  I'm happy to do the rebase for you if you'd like.

--Jason

Nicolai Hähnle(1):