[Mesa-dev] [RFC 3/3] egl: remove EGL_NOK_swap_region

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 12:21:16 UTC 2017

On 5 June 2017 at 09:32, Tapani Pälli <tapani.palli at intel.com> wrote:

> On 06/05/2017 02:52 AM, Emil Velikov wrote:
>>
>> From: Emil Velikov <emil.velikov at collabora.com>
>>
>> Analogous to previous commit - only one platform (of 6?) implements
>> this, and there's no implementations seen in the wild that use this.
>>
>> Hmm the extension isn't even available anywhere :-\
>

> There is EGL_NOK_swap_region2, it seems that Qt is the only user for this
> which makes sense as it was built for Maemo/Meego. Not sure how actively
> this is utilized in today's Qt apps/desktops?

Indeed most NOK extensions are from the Maemo/Meego days and are
(were?) used around Qt.

Currently neither extension (or any Nokia one fwiw) is used by Qt
4.8.7 or 5.8.0 itself. Perhaps the biggest Qt user - KDE does not seem
to use them either.
Disclaimer: I've only checked the latest supported binaries - KDE Apps
17.04.1 and KDE Plasma 5.10.0, I haven't gone through the dozens of
git repos.

-Emil