[Mesa-dev] [RFC 00/22] DRI3 v1.1, ANV dmabuf

Chad Versace chad at kiwitree.net
Wed Jun 14 06:45:31 UTC 2017

On Thu 08 Jun 2017, Jason Ekstrand wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Daniel Stone <daniels at collabora.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > With full support for modifiers in DRIimage, this patch series adds
> > support for fully plumbing them through X11. A patchset proposing
> > an extension to DRI3 to support multiple planes and modifiers can
> > be found here:
> > https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2017-June/053854.html
> >
> > The Git trees, all of which are using the wip/2017-05/dri3-v1.1 branch,
> > can be found here:
> >
> > git://git.collabora.com/git/user/daniels/xcb-proto
> >   - contains support for lists of FDs, as well as the protocol itself
> > git://git.collabora.com/git/user/daniels/libxcb
> >   - support for lists of FDs
> > git://git.collabora.com/git/user/daniels/dri3proto
> >   - what it says on the box
> > git://git.collabora.com/git/user/daniels/mesa
> >   - this patchset, as well as the previous to enable modifier
> >     import/queries on i965:
> >     https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2017-June/158092.html
> > git://git.collabora.com/git/user/daniels/xserver
> >   - X server support (note: has rough edges)
> >
> > This has been tested on Skylake, where it gained Y-tiling support when
> > running EGL, GLX, and Vulkan clients under a composited X11 environment
> > (and for the output of the compositor itself). CCS support also worked
> > as the multi-plane testbed, but I've dropped that part of the patchset
> > as Jason has taken it over.
> >
> > Note that this currently breaks RADV: I'm not entirely sure what the
> > best way to get a clean transition path there is.
> >
> > Most of the DRI3 work was done by Louis-Francis Ratté-Boulianne; the
> > ANV work was taken from Chad Versace's tree, rebased and bulked up
> > slightly to support DRI3 v1.1. Thanks also to Intel for sponsoring this
> > work.
> >

> I'm just getting started looking at these.  The first thing to say is that
> I'm pretty sure I made a bunch of comments the first time they were sent
> out and I don't see anything different.  It's been a while though.

I found some small differences in the first few patches. I haven't
progressed past patch 13 yet, though.

Jason, patches 5 through 12 are general cleanups in preparation for
vk-dma-buf support. Those cleanups, in my opinion, can and should land
before the actual vk-dma-buf patches, and could land now (after review
and testing). What do you think? I don't expect those patches to change,
even as the rest of the patch series evolves.