[Mesa-dev] [RFC 13/22] RFC: vulkan: Update registry for MESAX dma_buf extensions

Chad Versace chadversary at chromium.org
Fri Jun 16 18:38:58 UTC 2017

On Fri 16 Jun 2017, Emil Velikov wrote:
> Hi gents,
>
> On 8 June 2017 at 19:44, Daniel Stone <daniels at collabora.com> wrote:
>
> >   - VK_MESAX_external_memory_dma_buf
> >   - VK_MESAX_external_image_dma_buf
> Perhaps not so crazy idea:
>
> Considering a handful of the people involved (Collabora, Google,
> Intel) are Khronos members, it should be possible to have the
> extensions as EXT as opposed to MESA. Just something to consider as
> the extensions are going through the process.

I raised the topic in Khronos when I began the work. The consensus was
that the initial extensions, which are dependent on KHX, should be
prefixed with MESAX. When the final extensions arrive, which would be
based on VK_KHR_external_* instead of VK_KHX_external_*, it would be
good to rename them at that time with s/MESAX/EXT/.