[Mesa-dev] Help! CopyImageSubData is defeating me

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jun 25 20:40:08 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:
>> Anyone have thoughts on this? Am I being foolish for trying to hold
>> onto GL_RGBA4 texturing? (Any decision here also affects st/nine.)
>

> Yes.  Chances are that you're also doing texture views wrong.  Are there any
> 4444 formats supported on nvidia hardware?

Well, any permutation of a 4444 format is easily supportable for texturing.

What's wrong with the texture views? Should be fine... unless I'm
missing something. It's really just this issue with RB <-> Texture
copies where the RB's internal format is GL_RGBA4 while the *real*
internal format is RGBA8. Texture views between e.g. RGB565 and
RGBA4444 should work fine (and the fb will fail to validate as one
might expect if one were to attach a GL_RGBA4 texture view of a
GL_RGB565 texture).

  -ilia