[Mesa-dev] [RFC 0/3] More precise rcp and rsq for fp64 on gk110

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sun Mar 5 15:45:40 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Boyan Ding <boyan.j.ding at gmail.com> wrote:
> The implementation is only available on gk110 for two reasons: it is
> the only platform on which I can test, and, I think it easier to
> maintain on one platform when a lot of change might still take place.
> Ideally, it should be ported to all platforms after it is thought to be
> stable enough.

Fully agreed on this point - get it right in one place (ideally one
you can test), and then port elsewhere. The gf100/gk104 port should be
easy, as the envydis ops are largely identical, while the gm107 one
will be a bit of a pain since Ben modeled the nvdisasm names rather
than the more uniform names of earlier gens. However it should still
all be 1:1, just different names.