[Mesa-dev] 10bit HEVC decoding for RadeonSI v2

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Wed Mar 8 12:29:39 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I finally found time testing this and hammering out (hopefully) all the
remaining bugs. Playing a 10bit HEVC file through VAAPI with mpv/ffmpeg git
master from about two days ago now works flawlessly and has only about 15% CPU
load on one core on a Kaveri system.

The VDPAU path should work as well, but NVidias implementation of this is still
completely broken and so nobody enables it and we don't have a way to test it.

Rainer/Peter maybe you guys want to take a look and enable it in Kodi.

The next logical step is to get our display code paths to be 10bit ready.

Please review and comment,
Christian.