[Mesa-dev] Mesa 17.0.1 release candidate

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 18:13:56 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 2:04 AM, Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:
> On 03/03/17 11:53 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>>>
>>> GMail seems to ignore Reply-to.
>>
>> That would be shocking, though not entirely surprising. Anyway, the
>> issue with Reply-To isn't limited to gmail. Reply-To merely replaces the
>> original message's From address in the followup, any mailer will still
>> include other recipients (with reply-to-all or similar).
>>

>>> Putting mesa-announce@ in Bcc seems like the wrong thing to do.
>>
>> Why?
>
> Still curious why you think it's wrong.

Oh, sorry. I missed the reply.

I don't think it should be necessary. I'm on multiple *-announce
lists, and this is the only one that has this problem. I think it's a
misconfiguration of mesa-announce@ to not be a moderated list.

I think Bcc'ing also means my gmail filters wouldn't know it came from
the announce list.

>>> mesa-announce@ should just be moderated, like xorg-announce@ is.
>>
>> That probably makes sense. Adam, Daniel, is this implemented in
>> xorg-announce via the "emergency" option, or something else?
>
> Since I haven't heard back, I've enabled this option for the
> mesa-announce list. Let's see how it goes.

Thank you!

>> BTW, in that case it might be good to have more volunteers to process
>> the moderation queue. It's really easy with the listadmin tool.
>
> Any takers?

Yeah, I'm happy to help. What do I need to do to get started?