[Mesa-dev] 10bit HEVC decoding for RadeonSI v2

Peter Frühberger peter.fruehberger at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 12:26:18 UTC 2017

Hi Christian,

thank you for your message. We are still wondering about the render part.
How do you want us to display the decoded surfaces? Looking at mpv it seems
it will only work via vaPutSurface and is therefore tight to X11. That
means it's dependend on the visuals 8 bit only.

We are working on a drm-only kodi and now ask ourselves: Is there a
possibility to interop with a drm extension and eglCreateImage on AMD hw,
too? With the intel only R32, R8 linux buf methods we are also running
succesfully on MIR now, wayland would work the very same.

Best regards
Peter

--
                   Key-ID:     0x1A995A9B