[Mesa-dev] [RFC libdrm 0/2] Replace the build system with meson

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 22:02:37 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Dylan Baker <dylan at pnwbakers.com> wrote:
> Here's a not so complete list: https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/wiki/Users
>
> Notably gnome is moving to meson (and some parts already use it), weston and
> libinput have ports, libepoxy uses meson, and gstreamer is using meson. I
> can't say for sure it's going to be around forever, but its been in development
> since late 2012 and still lands several patches a day, they were responsive to
> me when I sent a patch (that I still need to respin), and they seem to be
> picking up momentum from downstreams.

btw, possibly newbie question, but from what I can tell so far in
meson docs, there are separate 'meson build && cd build && ninja'
steps.. one nice thing about autotools is 'git pull && make' (and it
somehow magically figures out whether to re-automake/autoconf).  Not
sure if there is a way to do something like that in meson.

(I nearly always use separate build and debug builddirs w/ autotools,
so that part I don't mind.. you can git-pull from a subdir fo the git
tree)

BR,
-R