[Mesa-dev] RFC Remove _mesa_problem() from paths where execution path is not altered

Timothy Arceri tarceri at itsqueeze.com
Tue May 9 03:04:45 UTC 2017

There is still more that can be removed I just though I'd get comments before
going too far.

This is a follow on from [1][2].

Besides patch 1 we are just replacing it with an unreachable() when the
path doesn't try to work around the problem i.e return early.

_mesa_problem() is still useful in some places such as is if a backend
compile fails, but for the majority of cases we should be able to
remove it. I did a search and we haven't really added _mesa_problem()
much in recent years, most of these have existed for a really long
time.

OpenGL test suites are becoming very mature, we should place more
trust in debug builds picking up missed cases.

[1] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/154888/
[2] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/155094/