[Mesa-dev] Bug in 17.1.0-rc4 source packaging for swr?

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Wed May 17 17:08:05 UTC 2017

On 10 May 2017 at 03:51, Chuck Atkins <chuck.atkins at kitware.com> wrote:
> I just tried to build 17.0.4-rc4 from the tarball with swr enabled and got
> errors about my python not having mako:
>
> make[5]: Entering directory
> '/tmp/atkins3/mesa/build/mesa-17.1.0-rc4_gcc-6.3.0_haswell/src/gallium/drivers/swr'
>   GEN      rasterizer/jitter/gen_builder.hpp
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "../../../../../../mesa-17.1.0-rc4/src/gallium/drivers/swr/rasterizer/codegen/gen_llvm_ir_macros.py",
> line 24, in <module>
>     from gen_common import MakoTemplateWriter, ArgumentParser
>   File
> "/tmp/atkins3/mesa/mesa-17.1.0-rc4/src/gallium/drivers/swr/rasterizer/codegen/gen_common.py",
> line 27, in <module>
>     from mako.template import Template
> ImportError: No module named mako.template
> Makefile:2424: recipe for target 'rasterizer/jitter/gen_builder.hpp' failed
>
> As I understood it, mako should only be required when building out of git.
> Unless this has changed, it seems there are some generated files missing
> from the source tarball.

You're spot on here Chuck. Tarball should build without any tools such
as python/lex/etc.

At the moment the rasterizer/jitter/gen_builder.hpp file isn't shipped
in the tarball, hence the problem.
The file is omitted intentionally, as mentioned in the Makefile [1].
Would be great if we can fix that, so any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Tim, I believe we briefly had a chat about this a while back. Do you
have any ideas how to generate the file that works across all
supported LLVM versions?

Thanks
Emil

[1] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/gallium/drivers/swr/Makefile.am#n195