[Mesa-dev] Bug in 17.1.0-rc4 source packaging for swr?

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri May 19 17:33:45 UTC 2017

On 19 May 2017 at 17:46, Rowley, Timothy O <timothy.o.rowley at intel.com> wrote:

> > On May 19, 2017, at 10:26 AM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The original idea by Tim sounds OK imho and I'm actually giving it a try.
> Are you referring to using a llvm-3.9 generated version?
Yes. Unless I've completely misinterpret and you had something else in mind.

> Did you envision
> me checking that in a gen_builder.h file,
Not sure where/how I hinted that - there should be no need for that.

> or removing the logic that omitted
> it from the tarball and somehow enforcing that a packaging build needs
> llvm-3.9?

This one here - patch is on the list. It should work until we can
think of a better solution.

> > FWIW the diff between 3.9 and 4.0 seems quite trivial - see below.
> > It should be possible to update the python scripts to handle most/all of
> > those.
> > Perhaps we can have this as a long term solution?
>

> At this point llvm seems to be stable in just having intrinsics being added;
> for a while there was some churn.  Unless/until the swr driver/rasterizer
> starts to take advantage of new llvm intrinsics, we should be fine using the
> 3.9 version.

What I was thinking is:
 - Parse through for required intrinsics/other and do not generate any
that are unused.

Perhaps it's too much hassle or even not possible? In that case,
forget I even mentioned it.

-Emil