[Mesa-dev] Mesa 17.0.7 release candidate

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon May 29 18:56:24 UTC 2017

Hello list,

The candidate for the Mesa 17.0.7 is now available. Currently we have:
 - 21 queued
 - 5 nominated (outstanding)
 - and 0 rejected patch(es)

Note: this is the final anticipated release from the 17.0.x series.
We have a few important outstanding patches which I'm planning to merge
considering we have no regressions are reported by the Intel Jenkins instance.

That aside, in the current queue we have:

The mesa GLVND GLX library now handles glXGetDriverConfig, as used by driconf.

For EGL the error checking within eglMakeCurrent has been relaxed.

On the driver side:
i965 and ANV have improved DXT1 and BC1 format handling. And the i965 vec4
backend has a few uniforms related fixes.

The nouveau, etnaviv and vc4 drivers have seen minor improvements.

Last but not least, we have several Wayland patches improving event queue
handling.

Take a look at section "Mesa stable queue" for more information.

Testing reports/general approval
--------------------------------

Any testing reports (or general approval of the state of the branch)
will be greatly appreciated.

The plan is to have 17.0.7 this Wednesday (31th of May), around or
shortly after 20:00 GMT.

If you have any questions or suggestions - be that about the current
patch queue or otherwise, please go ahead.

Trivial merge conflicts
-----------------------
commit 87d16afa6ff11e7c72870bdba4a514858b31f1ab
Author: Nanley Chery <nanley.g.chery at intel.com>

    i965/formats: Update the three-channel DXT1 mappings

    (cherry picked from commit 688ddb85c8c3357d8e1e9d360c74cd728b128d98)

commit afbe5bf434fb059c5e064bbbb90f2e275445c60a
Author: Daniel Stone <daniels at collabora.com>

    vulkan/wsi/wayland: Use proxy wrappers for swapchain

    (cherry picked from commit 5034c615582add2be9309dc1d7383fb0daba6dd3)

Cheers,
Emil

Mesa stable queue
-----------------

Nominated (5)
=============
Jason Ekstrand (2):
      441cd7a i965/blorp: Do and end-of-pipe sync on both sides of
fast-clear ops
      0901d0b i965: Round copy size to the nearest block in intel_miptree_copy

Emil Velikov (3):
      3e8790b anv: automake: list shared libraries after the static ones
      2b6ad89 radv: automake: list shared libraries after the static ones
      6ef0fc4 egl/wayland: select the format based on the interface used

Queued (21)
===========

Chad Versace (1):
      egl: Partially revert 23c86c74, fix eglMakeCurrent

Daniel Stone (7):
      vulkan: Fix Wayland uninitialised registry
      vulkan/wsi/wayland: Remove roundtrip when creating image
      vulkan/wsi/wayland: Use per-display event queue
      vulkan/wsi/wayland: Use proxy wrappers for swapchain
      egl/wayland: Ensure we get a back buffer
      egl/wayland: Don't open-code roundtrip
      egl/wayland: Use per-surface event queues
Squashed with
      egl/wayland: verify event queue was allocated

Emil Velikov (1):
      st/va: fix misplaced closing bracket

Eric Anholt (2):
      renderonly: Initialize fields of struct winsys_handle.
      vc4: Don't allocate new BOs to avoid synchronization when they're shared.

Hans de Goede (1):
      glxglvnddispatch: Add missing dispatch for GetDriverConfig

Ilia Mirkin (1):
      nvc0/ir: SHLADD's middle source must be an immediate

Lucas Stach (1):
      etnaviv: stop oversizing buffer resources

Nanley Chery (2):
      anv/formats: Update the three-channel BC1 mappings
      i965/formats: Update the three-channel DXT1 mappings

Pohjolainen, Topi (1):
      intel/isl/gen7: Use stencil vertical alignment of 8 instead of 4

Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez (3):
      i965/vec4/gs: restore the uniform values which was overwritten
by failed vec4_gs_visitor execution
      i965/vec4: fix swizzle and writemask when loading an uniform
with constant offset
      i965/vec4: load dvec3/4 uniforms first in the push constant buffer

Tom Stellard (1):
      gallivm: Make sure module has the correct data layout when pass
manager runs

Rejected (0)