[Mesa-dev] Status of Clover (AMDGPU)

Luke A. Guest laguest at archeia.com
Wed May 31 14:37:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've just reinstalled Gentoo on my machine and I no longer have
AMDGPU-Pro on it due to it using ancient libs. My machine is an FX-8350
one, so it's PCIe-2.0. Clover is currently lacking in CL compliance at
this time.

So, I'm wondering if anyone is actually working on it now that AMD have
abandoned it in favour of ROCm? Does anyone know the actual status, i.e.
what is and isn't done? I think it's worth getting OpenCL support
working for older hw, ROCm has a PCIe-3.0 intrinsics requirement, so for
older hardware this isn't an option.

So far I've found that gl sharing is missing as are some entry points in
dispatch.cpp.

1) Would it be worth continuting and if so would we be allowed to shared
clc files from ROCm to Mesa?

2) If not, is it worth considering porting Beignet instead, that at
least gives OpenCL 2.0.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Luke A. Guest.