[Mesa-dev] Has anyone stressed radeonsi memory?

Matias N. Goldberg dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Nov 15 15:51:02 UTC 2017

Hi!

> Are you using the amdgpu kernel driver from an amdgpu-pro release or
> from the upstream Linux kernel? (If you're not sure, provide the dmesg
> output and Xorg log file)

> If the latter, can you try a 4.13 or 4.14 kernel and see if that works
> better?

I'm using upstream Linux kernel (without my distro's patches), with amdgpu (not pro).

I could try newer kernels.

> Why, doesn't your distro have LLVM development packages?
They aren't as up to date. Keeping up-to-date with everything mesa needs is exhausting.
I started compiling LLVM from source when I needed to test an LLVM patch to fix a GLSL shader compiler bug.

I also compile mesa from source (rather thank using Oibaf or Padoka's PPA for Ubuntu) because as a graphics dev, being able to debug inside Mesa has proven to be an invaluable tool.

So I take it from your questions, that this behavior I saw isn't exactly "normal" or "expected" and I should dedicate some time to see if I can repro in newer versions, and if possible create a small repro.

Thanks,

Cheers
Matias