[Mesa-dev] Appveyor on github.com/mesa3d

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Mon Nov 20 11:42:55 UTC 2017

On 16/11/17 15:56, Eric Engestrom wrote:
> On Thursday, 2017-11-16 14:20:03 +0000, Jose Fonseca wrote:

>>> HTTP doesn't seem to make a difference:
>>>
>>>     https://ci.appveyor.com/project/mesa3d/mesa/build/6174
>>>
>>> I'll revert to git protocol.
>>>
>>> Still no solution for these errors though.
>>
>> I just had an idea:  is anongit.fdo an alias to git.fdo, or a separate
>> server?
>
> from a quick `dig`, git.fdo is on kemper, while anongit.fdo is on molly
>

>> Could it be the problem here is that whatever is syncing git -> anongit
>> leaves the tree temporarily inconsistent?  If so I wonder if anything
>> changed recently.
>
> Could be, although git objects should remain valid forever since we
> don't rewrite history, so the only thing I could see would be a sync
> issue if molly copies the index and starts serving it before the objects
> are copied.
>
> fdo admins: is the sync between kemper and molly done via git, or some
> external tool like rsync?
>
> Jose, I think making appveyor use github might be a good idea regardless
> of the fdo sync issue, as it would offload the per-commit-clone work,
> and that's exactly the kind of things CDNs like github are for.

Unfortunately the build failures keep getting more frequent.

Daniel, can you help me setup AppVeyor on https://github.com/mesa3d/mesa
?  I have member access, but it looks like admin access is required to
hookup AppVeyor.

While we're at it, we should do the same for
https://github.com/mesa3d/piglit

Jose