[Mesa-dev] 10-bit Mesa/Gallium support

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Fri Nov 24 09:44:08 UTC 2017

Apologies for the badly formatted followup before, let's try that again:

On 2017-11-23 07:31 PM, Mario Kleiner wrote:

> 3. In principle the clean solution for nouveau would be to upgrade the
> ddx to drmAddFB2 ioctl, and use xbgr2101010 scanout to support
> everything back to nv50+, but everything we have in X or Wayland is
> meant for xrgb2101010 not xbgr2101010. And we run into ambiguities of
> what, e.g., a depth 30 pixmap means in some extensions like
> glx_texture_form_pixmap.

A pixmap itself never has a format per se, it's just a container for an
n-bit integer value per pixel (where n is the pixmap depth). A
compositor using GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap has to determine the format
from the corresponding window's visual.