[Mesa-dev] Rev 3 of 10 bit color depth support for i965 dri + gallium

Mario Kleiner mario.kleiner.de at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 04:20:43 UTC 2017

Ok,

next iteration. The i965 patches are the same, except i tacked one
additional r-b by Tapani to patch 01/22 and adjusted num_formats
according to his suggestion, and rebased onto his new sRGB support
patch for i965.

New patch 02/22 adds back 10 bit handling to intelSetTexBuffer2().
That was dropped in rev2, because of a rewrite of intelSetTexBuffer2,
making the patch inapplicable. That rewrite apparently turned out
to be a mistake and the corresponding commit got reverted on mesa
master, so i added the 10 bit handling again to make
GLX_texture_from_pixmap work again.

Then patch 14/22 needed some rework to adapt to the new
dri2_teardown_wayland() implementation, to unbreak Wayland support.

Patches 16 - 22 add 10 bit gallium support for xrgb2101010 and
argb2101010. Tested in the same way as the i965 patches, on
Wayland+Weston, and for X11 DRI2 and DRI3, unredirected, and with
compositing. Compositing is tested under GLX and EGL, all under
KDE Plasma 5 (as shipping in KUbuntu 16.04.3). I ran stuff like
glxgears, glmark, neverball, neverputt, tux racer without issues.
Also tested with my app and photometer to verify we get 10 bit
in all these cases.

The Gallium testing for rendering + display was mostly done with
radeon-kms + ati-ddx (+ some exa patches), but also (under Wayland
+ Weston only) under amdgpu-kms, and with some hacks under nouveau.

PRIME renderoffload under both Wayland and X11 DRI3 in the different
permutations of display + renderoffload = intel+amdgpu, intel+nouveau,
radeon+nouveau, nouveau+radeon seems to work fine.

Thanks for reviewing,
-mario