[Mesa-dev] testing for certain compiler options does not work

Marc Dietrich marvin24 at gmx.de
Wed Nov 29 13:16:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

just found that my gcc 'gcc (SUSE Linux) 7.2.1 20171020 [gcc-7-branch revision
253932]' does not warn when using the negative form of unsupported warning
options. So all the configure tests for such options erroneously succeed, e.g:

gcc -Wno-bob test.c # works fine

gcc -Walice test.c # warns for unsupported compiler option

Maybe gcc bug or intended behaviour, maybe only unique to my version?

Marc