[Mesa-dev] Mesa 17.2.4 release candidate

Andres Gomez agomez at igalia.com
Sat Oct 28 20:35:37 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-10-27 at 14:14 -0400, Ilia Mirkin wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Andres Gomez <agomez at igalia.com> wrote:
> > Rejected (6)
> > ============
> >
> > Ilia Mirkin (1):
> >       glsl: fix derived cs variables
> >
> > Reason: Commit is too big for stable at this point.
>
> The issue it fixes in regular compute shaders is slightly difficult to
> hit (but there are piglits that do now), however the issue it hits
> with ARB_compute_variable_group_size is fairly trivial to encounter.
>
> It seems silly to put out releases with known bugs when a fix is
> easily available and apply-able, with negligible risk of messing
> things up.
>
> Note that this all only affects nouveau and radeonsi, as those are the
> only drivers that make use of the lowering.

Ilia, I understood by your answer [1] when I asked about your opinion
regarding 17.2.4 inclusion that it was OK to omit in this series but
that it should definitely be included in 17.3.

Maybe I didn't make it clear that I was asking for the 17.2 queue and I
misunderstood your answer (?).

Let's leave it as it is for this release and will see if we can include
it for the next one.

[1] https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-stable/2017-October/007313.html
--
Br,