[Mesa-dev] [RFC 0/3] Flag new aux state when we create/drop aux surfaces

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Thu Sep 14 18:34:05 UTC 2017

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:33:22 AM PDT Jason Ekstrand wrote:
> I read through the series and, while I think it will fix the issue in 90%
> of cases, I don't think it's quite the right solution.  There's a *lot* of
> subtlety here and we need to tread carefully.  I think the better thing to
> do would be to whack the new flag in two places:  Whenever we change the
> fast clear value (brw_blorp.c and brw_clear.c for depth) and whenever
> intel_miptree_set_aux_state actually changes something.  There are several
> things which look at aux_state and it would be better to flag on that
> changing just to make sure we get them all.
>
> --Jason

There's another subtle factor:

intel_miptree_texture_aux_usage() can return AUX_USAGE_NONE sometimes,
even if mt->aux_usage hasn't changed.  For example, we report NONE if
there's no unresolved color to avoid having to look at CCS, even though
there still is a CCS...

We'd want to re-emit in that case, too.

--Ken