[Mesa-dev] [RFC 4/4] meson: build "radv" vulkan driver for radeon hardware

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Wed Sep 20 21:08:46 UTC 2017

Matt and I discussed this a bit before he left for XDC, and I have some ideas on
how to share sources file lists (meson upstream wasn't particularly thrilled
with the idea of of adding makefile parsing support, even in as limited a form
as we have with our Makefile.sources). My initial though is to add support to
meson for reading JSON or some other standard file format (ini, xml, whatever),
and writing a tool that autotools could call during it's pre-process stage to
convert these into Makefile.sources files. But I'm not an autotools expert by
any stretch and I have no idea if that's even possible.

I'll also add that android is migrating away from Make compatible android.mk
files to a new soong build system that does not (AFAICT) read Make files, so if
the android build system is going to live in tree in the future, we're going to
end up duplicating all of this for android eventually.

Dylan

Quoting Nicolai Hähnle (2017-09-20 13:57:17)