[Mesa-dev] GL_EXT_memory_object_fd on intel ?

Stuart Axon stuaxo2 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 10:39:14 UTC 2018

Hi Mesa Devs,
   Do intel mesa devs take requests ?

I'm on the Linux Visual Artists group on Facebook and we've been wanting to implement something like Syphon (OSX) or Spout (windows) - where different processes can share textures.

it looks like GL_EXT_memory_object_fd is just the thing.  Mesamatrix shows this implemented on AMD, while Nvidia has it on it's commercial driver.

Is there any chance of this coming to Intel graphics ?

Best Regards
Stuart Axon

[Thanks Jani Nikula, for pointing me to here after I randomly mailed him this request.]