[Mesa-dev] NIR function inlining for faster compile times

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Wed Apr 11 23:36:42 UTC 2018

Are we still calculating limits (that affect whether or not a shader can
successfully link) after only doing GLSL optimizations?  I'm worried
that making a pretty big change to the optimization path is going to
break some app on (most likely) an older piece of hardware because the
linker will now determine that it exceeds some limit.