[Mesa-dev] vulkan.radv build trouble w/ AOSP

Mauro Rossi issor.oruam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 07:51:40 UTC 2018

Hi Rob,
Il giorno gio 2 ago 2018 alle ore 22:33 Rob Herring <rob.herring at linaro.org>
ha scritto:

> On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 12:47 AM Mauro Rossi <issor.oruam at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Il giorno gio 2 ago 2018 alle ore 02:06 John Stultz <
> john.stultz at linaro.org> ha scritto:
> >>
> >> Just as a heads up, with mesa3d master (plus my other build fixups I
> >> just sent out), I'm seeing a new build failure when building under
> >> AOSP/master:
> >>
> >> external/mesa3d/src/amd/vulkan/Android.mk: error: vulkan.radv
> >> (SHARED_LIBRARIES android-arm64) missing libLLVM (SHARED_LIBRARIES
> >> android-arm64)
> >> You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if
> >> this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in
> >> the build.
> >> external/mesa3d/src/amd/vulkan/Android.mk: error: vulkan.radv
> >> (SHARED_LIBRARIES android-arm) missing libLLVM (SHARED_LIBRARIES
> >> android-arm)
> >> You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if
> >> this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in
> >> the build.
> >> build/make/core/main.mk:842: error: exiting from previous errors.
> >> 22:56:25 ckati failed with: exit status 1
> >>
> >> This seems to be coming from the $(call mesa-build-with-llvm) line here:
> >>
> https://github.com/mesa3d/mesa/blob/master/src/amd/vulkan/Android.mk#L144
> >>
> >> (as commenting that out avoids the issue)
> >>
> >> This gets pulled in as AOSP will check library dependencies for all
> >> SHARED_LIBRARIES, so that's why the vulkan.radv trips this while other
> >> "mesa-build-with-llvm" callers don't (they are built as
> >> STATIC_LIBRARIES).
> >>
> >> Last time we had this issue, it was with the libpciaccess library,
> >> which we solved it by dropping it.
> >>
> >> In this case I'm not sure what the best solution might be.
> >>
> >> * We could set it as a static library instead?
> >>
> >> * Alternatively, it seems we might be able to use the libLLVM_android
> >> library instead of libLLVM here:
> >>   https://github.com/mesa3d/mesa/blob/master/Android.mk#L107
> >>
> >> Other ideas/suggestions?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> -john
> >

> > A couple of ideas, but not yet tested in a build
> >
> > option 3) - use LOCAL_MODULE_TARGET_ARCH in the local vulkan.radv
> Android.mk and see if that solves the problem
> >
> > option 4) - brace the 'include $(LOCAL_PATH)/vulkan/Android.mk' in
> vulkan.radv src/amd/Android.mk in like this:
> >
> >  # Import variables
> >  include $(LOCAL_PATH)/Makefile.sources
> >  include $(LOCAL_PATH)/Android.addrlib.mk
> >  include $(LOCAL_PATH)/Android.common.mk
> > +ifneq ($(filter radeonsi,$(BOARD_GPU_DRIVERS)),)
> > include $(LOCAL_PATH)/vulkan/Android.mk
> > +endif
> >
> > I think the option 4) seems simpler than the others , if the assumption
> that ARM does not have radeonsi stands
>
> Using AMD cards on ARM is not unheard of, but perhaps not on Android.
>
> Rob

Thanks for information

In any case if mesa amd drivers had to be built  with arm targets
then libLLVM dependency would become necessary (AMDGPU targets)

The facts that AOSP in master decimated the content of libLLVM_android
library
and the constraint of mesa for llvm 6.0 or later would required to add llvm
relase_60 or release_70
as a separate project.

So, in case amd drivers will be built for arm in android, given the
constraints, then the patch is still ok
Mauro