[Mesa-dev] Piglit for VA-API - Intern - Interested Student

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 17:01:02 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 3:05 AM Naveen Naidu <naveennaidu479 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am Naveen a Junior year computer science undergrad from India. I really apologize for disturbing you people. But I have been going through the available projects for the XorgEVoC internship program and the project Piglit for VA-API caught my attention. This project really intrigues me. I would like to work on the project.
>
> It would be really kind, if someone could point me to the right direction.

Great!  To get started, make sure you are familiar with piglit in
general.  Start with piglit for OpenGL or OpenCL and get familiar with
it.  Then get familiar with VA-API.  Try writing a simple VA-API app.
Think about what sort of tests might make sense and find some royalty
free content for tests.  Feel free to ask any questions you may have
about piglit or VA-API.  When you think you have a plan for a project
(e.g., what features the project will include, what are your
timelines, etc.) send it our for feedback start looking for a mentor
to help you with the project.

Good luck!

Alex