[Mesa-dev] last call for autotools

Eero Tamminen eero.t.tamminen at intel.com
Mon Dec 17 15:07:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 17.12.2018 8.08, Marek Olšák wrote:
[...]
> I think one of the serious usability issues is that environment
> variables such as CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and PKG_CONFIG_PATH are not
> saved by meson for future reconfigures.

I don't know what Meson is supposed to do, but to me that would be
a bug in a build tool.

Re-configure is supposed to adapt SW to the changes in the build
environment, and environment variables are part of that (along with
command line options and SW installed to to the system).  Build
configure tool deciding to "remember" some of those things instead
of checking the new situation, seems like a great opportunity for
confusion.

	- Eero