[Mesa-dev] GitLab migration update

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:59:30 UTC 2018

On 7 June 2018 at 10:43, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 3:25 AM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2 June 2018 at 16:45, Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:
>>> When the migration happens, there will be a very brief (less than 30
>>> minutes?) period during which no one will be able to push to either repo.
>>> I'll fire off an e-mail as well as messages in #dri-devel and #intel-3d
>>> shortly before we actually take the repo offline so that everyone has a bit
>>> of warning.  Once the transition is complete, you'll have to change the git
>>> remote you use for pushing to point to gitlab.  That should be the ONLY
>>> change to your current workflow and otherwise things should continue to work
>>> smoothly.  If someone accidentally tries to push to the remote on
>>> git.freedesktop.org, the push will fail and they will receive a message
>>> reminding them to push to gitlab instead.
>>>
>>> When the mesa repo gets imported into gitlab, I will be disabling all of the
>>> "fancy" features such as merge requests, wikis, issue tracking, etc.  They
>>> are there for us to use if we want, but the first change to make is simply
>>> going to be a repo hosting change.
>>
>> All of the above has been done, and the following repos now have their
>> primary (and only push) source under
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/:
>>   crucible demos drm glu glut kmscube mesa piglit shader-db vkpipeline-db
>>
>> The following empty/junk repos were removed:
>>   llvm mesa-test piglit-test
>>
>> The following dormant repos were _not_ migrated, but can be migrated
>> (perhaps to an archive/ section?) if they are still useful:
>>   clover glw libwsbm linux-agp-compat r600_demo rbug-gui
>>

> so, I do actually use rbug-gui about once every three years (ofc by
> then it is totally out of date after three years of gallium api
> changes since I last used it.. I don't really remember why it doesn't
> live in the mesa git tree)

I did that ~3 years ago, but never got feedback. IIRC Ilia mentioned
on IRC that although build was fine it didn't work.
Memory is fuzzy, so don't quote me on that last one.

I can easily re-spin it, if there's genuine interest ;-)

Thanks
Emil

[1] https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2015-March/079503.html