[Mesa-dev] Large patch advice

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Fri Jun 8 19:24:28 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 9:49 AM, Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Push it to a branch somewhere, and mail the commit description + link
> to patch. No need to stick 3.1MB of data into everyone's inboxes.

That's a good plan.  Another thing you could do would be to run git
format-patch with some of the options for ignoring whitespace and see if
that's sendable.  Obviously, if it's a major refactor, that's not what
you'll merge but it might make it easier to verify that nothing actually
changed.  Also, if you used a tool or script to do the refactoring, it
might be good to put in the e-mail what you did.  Just some thoughts that
you can take or leave at-will. :-)

--Jason