[Mesa-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Mesa 18.1.2 release candidate

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Jun 19 15:47:13 UTC 2018

Hi Dylan,
On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 at 16:42, Dylan Baker <dylan at pnwbakers.com> wrote:
> Historical artifact. When I created the proposed branch we didn't have a policy
> of putting it on master instead of a personal repo, and we were discussing a
> transition to gitlab. I also seem to remember that the gitlab doesn't allow
> force pushes (unless you're a repo owner?), which are a requirement for a
> staging/proposed branch. I'd rather not move it at this point since that would
> require changing all of our CI automation to match that new repo, but if we can
> force-push I'd be happy to put future staging branches in the main mesa repo.

Force-pushes are a repo-by-repo policy thing. GitLab currently
disallows force-pushes on master and release (e.g. '18.0') branches,
but allows them on everything else. So as long as it's tucked away
under another namespace (e.g. 'testing/18.1.2-candidate' or whatever)
then you should be good.

Cheers,
Daniel