[Mesa-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Mesa 18.1.2 release candidate

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:00:50 UTC 2018

Hi Stuart,

On 20 June 2018 at 00:10, Stuart Young <cefiar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whichever way this goes, is it possible to have the pre-announce include a
> link to the git repo/branch in question?
>
> This way, even if it's not part of the main repo, people can easily find it
> and check out the pre-release in full.
>
> FWIW: An advantage of not requiring it to be in the main repo is that if for
> whatever reason the main repo isn't available on the day (eg: outage, major
> re-org, gitlab down for a few hours, network issues, etc), it can be
> uploaded elsewhere and people can still proceed to check things out till the
> main repo is available again.
>
> Personally I think it makes sense to be in the main repo where possible, but
> allowing for the possibility of it not being there in certain circumstances,
> by explicitly linking to it in the pre-release so it's unambiguous. Of
> course, it should be in the main repo for final release.

Since nobody mentioned it - there is a github mirror [1].
If gets updated, automatically, on each push to the official repo.

Thus having the wip stable branch as part of the official repo will
effectively feature it on github.
Your point is good, having a link to the branch in the email will
clear any confusion.

HTH
Emil
[1] https://github.com/mesa3d/mesa