[Mesa-dev] Status of radeonsi NIR

Benedikt Schemmer ben at besd.de
Sun Mar 4 16:43:56 UTC 2018

Hi all,
I thought I'd do some testing on my machine to see if there are any
problems with nir (enabled with R600_DEBUG=nir)

Tested on Ubuntu 17.10 with mesa git of today
(oibaf for 32 bit, mine with LLVM5.0 on 64 bit because I cant figure out
how to build 32bit drivers on ubuntu :( )
Xeon 1260l and 8GB DDR3-10600 with RX460 4GB

works means no obvious visual artifacts etc.
I didn't have time to do detailed benchmarking.

---

Alien Isolation - works

Bioshock Infinite - works, nonir Overall avg 45.58, min 9.81, max
104.49; nir avg 31.47 min 8.35 max 94.19

CAT Interstellar (UE4) - works

Dead Island Definitive - works

Dead Island Riptide Definitive - works

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - works, nonir low 8.3 avg 24.2 high 37.6; nir
low 1 avg 22.8 high 35.8
but shader generation crashes two times: once around half the loader bar
with complete system freeze and then again around the end but only
exiting the applicationand this is reproducible by deleting the shader cache

Mad Max[vulcan beta] - works
benchmark 1
nonir 43/45/47
nir 10/46/50
benchmark 2
nonir 14/37/41
nir 24/36/40
benchmark 3
nonir 8/43/61
nir 5/41/61
benchmark 4
nonir 9/49/78
nir 4/47/74

Tomb Raider - TressFX doesn't work: hair flickering and is riddled with
small green block artifacts, smoothing is missing; speed is the same
28.6 ish

Hitman GO (Unity) - works

Unity of Command (PyGame, SDL) - works

Talos Principle Benchmark nir 64.7 nonir 67

I have more games if there are any usual suspects that are likely to
cause problems.

Cheers,
Benedikt