[Mesa-dev] [RFC 0/6] Remove stubbed GLX_SGIX_swap_{barrier,group}

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 18:48:48 UTC 2018

Hi all,

It seems like these two extensions were never implemented or advertised.
Be that in:
 - glx/dri
 - glx/apple
 - classic xlib-glx
 - gallium xlib-glx

Yet, the entry points were available, hence apps might have linked
against it.

Furthermore I cannot see any users of those on my system and a courtesy
google search. Additionally the Nvidia driver (checked version 390.25)
does not implement/advertise them either.

That said, I'm fairly confident that we can safely remove the no-op
stubs. Even though that the entry points were statically exposed.

Brian, Ian,

Do you have any recollection about these experimental SGI extensions?

Thanks
Emil

Cc: Ian Romanick <ian.d.romanick at intel.com>
Cc: Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com>