[Mesa-dev] Few issues with Meson

Mike Lothian mike at fireburn.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 02:17:36 UTC 2018

Hi

I've been trying to get a Gentoo ebuild ready for meson

I've had to fudge the llvm-config for cross compiling a 32bit mesa on
a 64bit machine

I notice that -Dvulkan-drivers= doesn't accept intel,radeon like
autotools used to, it also seems as long as one value is correct the
other is ignored

Also -Dva-libs-path= doesn't play well with absolute paths, or rather
install_megadrivers.py is doing something strange - normally gentoo
installs everything to a temporary image path then puts those files
into the live system. It seems install_megadrivers.py doesn't do this
and installs directly to the live system - I worked around it by
dropping the /usr

The inital ebuild is in the FireBurn overlay
(https://github.com/FireBurn/Overlay/blob/master/media-libs/mesa/mesa-9999.ebuild)

Regards

Mike