[Mesa-dev] [RFC 0/6] Remove stubbed GLX_SGIX_swap_{barrier, group}

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 14:02:35 UTC 2018

On 5 March 2018 at 19:08, Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> wrote:
> On 03/05/2018 10:48 AM, Emil Velikov wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It seems like these two extensions were never implemented or advertised.
>> Be that in:
>>  - glx/dri
>>  - glx/apple
>>  - classic xlib-glx
>>  - gallium xlib-glx
>>
>> Yet, the entry points were available, hence apps might have linked
>> against it.
>
> If an app was linking with an extension entry point instead of using
> glXGetProcAddress, it is the app's bug.

Small correction: only the Xlib based libGLs do so. I'll add a note in
the release notes, just in case.

Mildly related:
Where were you when the GLVND was exposing more and more functions
statically, because "there might be some program that uses it".
I tried convincing the GLVND people that it's a bad idea, but was futile.

Thanks
Emil