[Mesa-dev] [RFC] Mesa 17.3.x release problems and process improvements

Andres Gomez agomez at igalia.com
Mon Mar 12 14:20:18 UTC 2018

Thanks for opening this thread Emil.

I will open new branches for other topics that have been boiling in our
minds for a while. I hope you, Emil, can forgive us for not having been
more diligent with those, as you are already aware of some of them ...
😇

On Tue, 2018-03-06 at 19:34 +0000, Emil Velikov wrote:

[...]

> A few other ideas that were also came to mind:
>
>  - Round robin - where me/Igalia team will check for outstanding
>    patches, backports, etc.

I'm open to this. So far Juan and I have been doing this task while
being on relase duty but maybe it is better to explictly agree among us
(on a specific policy/shift rotation).

>  - Have two distinct emails - an announcement and a second RFC that
>    lists the rejected patches and ones with outstanding backports

I don't think this would be really necessary, specially if we adopt
GitLab.

--
Br,

Andres