[Mesa-dev] Releasing 18.0

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Thu Mar 15 17:20:57 UTC 2018

Quoting Kenneth Graunke (2018-03-14 15:24:29)
> Hi Emil, all,
>
> I think we've closed the last of the Mesa 18.0 blocker bugs.  It looks
> like there are some patches nominated for the 18.0 branch still (fixing
> some of those issues), but assuming things are merged, I think we're
> ready to release.
>
> I checked with Mark and Jason on IRC and they seemed fine with shipping.
>
> Thanks!
> --Ken

With the number of nominated patches still out (including Marek's) I think it
might be wise to have an RC5 before the release. Even if it's a very short RC
period (say, release the RC today or tomorrow and plan for the final release on
Tuesday or Wednesday).

Dylan