[Mesa-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Mesa 17.3.7 release candidate

Mark Janes mark.a.janes at intel.com
Fri Mar 16 16:56:52 UTC 2018

"Juan A. Suarez Romero" <jasuarez at igalia.com> writes:

> On Fri, 2018-03-16 at 12:03 -0400, Ilia Mirkin wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 11:52 AM, Juan A. Suarez Romero
>> <jasuarez at igalia.com> wrote:

>> > That is what we do. We pick up all the patches until the last minute, just
>> > before starting the test. And as soon as we verify it is correct, we write and
>> > send the pre-announcement email.
>>
>> Then why can it be days in between? If the tests get delayed/messed
>> up/have to be done over again, just pick up all the nominated patches
>> and go again.
>>

> I think that days is very infrequent, and due exceptionally reasons. Usually
> less than a day, and mainly due different time zones.

Examples of issues that can delay CI confirmation of the stable branch:

 - Regressions detected in the proposed release, which need to be
   bisected, fixed, and retested.

 - Intel CI downtime.  This can be due to lab maintenance, or
   instability with systems.

In this release iteration, we encountered both of these issues.  The
first proposed 17.3.7 was broken, as was the first fix after bisect.
Resolving the issue was delayed because we upgraded CI to Linux 4.14 to
support Vulkan 1.1, and that kernel has a bug that impacted our results.