[Mesa-dev] Gitlab migration

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu May 24 16:19:01 UTC 2018

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 24 May 2018 at 02:23, Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 5:49 PM, Jordan Justen <jordan.l.justen at intel.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Another project I'm involved with had a contingency that swore
>>> github's "issues" were completely inadequate compared to bugzilla,
>>> which is to say that I don't think there is consensus on this point.
>>> :)
>>>
>>> For that (smaller) project, I thought github's issues were fine
>>> compared to bugzilla. For (the larger) Mesa project, I'm not so sure.
>>
>> Agreed.  The gitlab/github issue system has some scaling problems.  The
>> tagging system isn't as good as bugzilla's categorization.  Also, the
>> ability to move bugs back and forth between mesa and kernel is a pretty
>> killer feature.  Then again, the ability to tag a bug as "blocks 18.3" might
>> be a nicer than tracker bugs.
>
> For this, I can recommend clicking the button marked 'move issue'. ;)
>
> https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/issues/moving_issues.html

You need the project you want to move the bug to also using gitlab
issues. It's not a "is the fuctionality there" kind of thing, but a
network effect. You need critical mass of relevant projects in a given
area moved to gitlab, and willing to all migrate their bugs, before
you can use gitlab issues and actually move issues around.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation