[Mesa-dev] Lets talk about autotools

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Mon Nov 26 20:53:24 UTC 2018

Was there any conclusion on the idea of "auto" in having the build try to
adapt to your systems by default instead of just assuming a configuration?
That's the biggest issue I see at the momemt; for many options the current
auto-tools build tries to adapt to your system and for the most part does
an okay job, the meson build does not.

Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.