[Mesa-dev] 18.3 release plan

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Tue Oct 23 16:19:41 UTC 2018

Hi List,

It's that time again, release time! We're a little late getting started, but
here's the plan:

Branch point/RC1: 10/31
RC2: 11/7
RC3: 11/14
RC4/final release: 11/21

With point releases following the normal two week period, this would also
require adding two additional 18.2 releases:

18.2.6: 11/21
18.2.7: 12/05

I have gone ahead and created the 18.3 tracker bug, so please start adding any
block bugs to that issue. I'll be sending out a patch to update the calendar
accordingly shortly.

You may note that this means you now have 8 days until the branch point to get
last minute fixes into 18.3. I'd really like to do the branch point/RC1 on the
31st, as this will allow the stable releases to nicely leapfrog the US
thanksgiving holiday and the Christmas holiday weeks.

Dylan